Blue liquid latex 16oz. bottle is a fun creative product that is only limited by your imagination! Paint it directly onto skin to design and enjoy your own latex clothing, costumes and fashions.
Liquid latex can be applied to Spandex™, Lycra™, and denim for reusable latex clothing and is great for costumes, clothing, masks or dressing up for your favorite sporting event and should last several hours when applied generously.
- People with latex or ammonia allergy, extremely sensitive skin or sensitivity to ammonia smell should avoid use of Liquid Latex.
- A test patch of skin is recommended prior to use. If a rash develops, remove latex, wash the affected areas with soap and water, and discontinue use. Liquid Latex should only be applied to children under strict supervision.
- Do not ingest, and keep out of eyes, nose, mouth and other orifices.
- This product is non toxic and biodegradable, however, do not spill on carpets, clothing and other permeable objects, as liquid latex is permanent on such items.
- This product should not be used as a prophylactic or contraceptive and can be corrosive and should not be used on certain metals, such as iron, silver, brass and bronze.
- Stainless steel and aluminum are generally not reactive with latex. Simply Latex™ assumes no legal responsibility for consumer’s use of this product and advises to please use responsibly.
Liquid Latex Application:
- Bristle brushes can leave uneven painted surfaces, however soft bristle brushes can be used for detailing by soaking the bristles in soapy water. This helps prevent the latex from sticking to the brush.
- Use a roller or wide foam brush to apply Liquid Latex to more expansive areas. Latex dries quickly and may dry on the brush if not kept wet with latex.Stir latex to blend color evenly throughout. *To prevent foaming, do not shake. Liquid Latex paints on lighter while wet, but dries to true color in 5-10 minutes. May also be poured directly onto skin or applied by hand.
- Apply a minimum of 3 coats, allowing each coat to dry entirely between coats. For stronger and more elastic performance, apply 5 or more coats. The more coats applied, the thicker the latex will dry.
- The fluorescent colors may be more translucent than the standard colors. It is recommended when using fluorescent colors, to apply 2 base coats of white, followed by the final coats of fluorescent latex.
16oz of liquid latex will cover nearly a half body, or the arms and legs with 3 coats. 32oz of liquid latex should cover an entire body, using 3 coats.
Removing Liquid Latex:
- Simply remove liquid latex by peeling it off. Removal should be done slowly to avoid possible skin irritation. If latex was applied over fine body hair, there may be a slight pulling sensation, but should not remove the hair itself.
- For those with medium to heavy body hair, it is recommended that latex be removed in a shower with warm water and soap.
- Be sure to collect latex so not to clog shower drain. If latex is dried into hair, use baby oil and a comb to breakdown the latex and remove it.
- Latex is permanent in carpets, drapes and other porous fabrics and materials.